8.4.11

blankets for the band babies

i have signed up for a sewing course that begins in 1 week - i am SO pumped. i have been wanting to do this for so long and am really happy i am finally following through with it. i have been trying to brush up on what minimal sewing machine skills i have over the past few weeks and managed to (with my mum's help) to make a couple of blankets for two of the special little ones in my life.




i made sofia this double sided flannelette blanket for getting cuddled up with. i was a kid who definitely had a favourite blanket and have held on to it for 30 years - i am hoping to remake it into something for my first baby. i am going to give this to sof tonight, i hope she likes it! i was pretty much a breeze to make but it did take a lot of patience, something i am trying to get better at.




this one is for little theodore tree. i was trying to make the equivalent of a bath sheet (those ridiculously huge bath towels) but for a baby. this is for him to get snuggled in post bath so he can be warm and extra cozy in this extra large towel which i double sided with some adorable baby giraffe flannelette. 


hopefully these are just the first of many projects i am able to accomplish on the sewing machine my mum gave me for my 25th birthday. it was one of her first and she had it completely tuned up and refurbished to pass along to me. i am sure the love she's passed along to me through it will be in every project it produces.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blanket and I love this blog. Sounds like an incredibly inspirational way to make a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete